15 MAY 2012 DDD Group DDD (FTSE AIM All Share) 23p BUY (TP – 50p)
Company: Daniel Stewart
TriDef 3D sales top 1m units in both PC and mobile applications
- DDD announces that sales of TriDef®3D for PCs and TriDef 3D Mobile have each topped the 1m unit level.
- DDD reminds that TriDef 3D enables more than 650 2D PC games to be played in 3D “off the shelf”, even if the game was not specifically developed for 3D. Total TriDef 3D shipments for PCs, including Sony, Intel, LG, Samsung and HP, reached 1.3m licenses as of March 31st,
- In mobile phones, LG uses the TriDef 3D Mobile Android™ app for 2D to 3D video conversion on its Optimus 3D range of handsets. As of March 31st, shipments of TriDef 3D Mobile exceeded 1m units (within the first nine months of launch).
- CEO Chris Yewdall said: “We are delighted by the response from leading global OEMs for our PC and mobile solutions and the strong demand that has emerged for these products. TriDef 3D software has become an industry standard, capturing an estimated 85% of the 3D PC market during 2011”.
- The trend is encouraging and in line wit our outlook for the year, notably showing progress in the diversification of end-user demand to complement TV applications. 3D is becoming the de facto format for new cinema content and increasingly the norm in gaming and mobile applications. Our rating remains “Buy”.